Each passport applicant must submit the following documents (please see below for additional documentation needed regarding issuance of passports to minors when both parents are not present):
- Form DS-11 (for first-time applicants or renewals of minors’ passports), or Form DS-82 (for most adult passport renewals); Forms can be downloaded from travel.state.gov.
- Two photographs, 2×2 inches square, non-Polaroid, with a matte finish showing a full view of the applicant’s face with a light-colored background;
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (previous passport or U.S. birth certificate/consular report of birth abroad);
- Photo identification;
- Proof of payment of passport fee; and
- Any additional documents requested by the consular officer.