The Government of Cabo Verde looks to both private and foreign investment to drive the country’s economic growth with a focus on tourism, transportation services, renewable energy, and export-oriented industries. A great effort has been made to promote a market-oriented economic model where all investors, regardless of their nationality, have the same rights and are subject to the same duties and obligations under the law. Cabo Verde is a model for much of Africa because of its transparency and good governance. The government is committed to improving conditions for foreign investment and to encouraging a more transparent and competitive economic environment. In 2016, Cabo Verde ranked 38th on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index, second only to Botswana among African states.
This section provides information for current and potential investors in Cabo Verde
If you are considering investment in Cabo Verde, here are some steps you may wish to consider as you get started:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Praia – If you are planning a visit to consider investment, let us know by sending an email to the contact addresses on this page.
- Visit host country resources, such as Cabo Verde Tradeinvest the agency responsible for investment promotion and is the one-stop shop for external investors.
- Subscribe to our embassy’ social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube).
Current Investors: Staying Connected
If you are a current U.S. investor in Cabo Verde, the U.S Embassy wants to stay in touch. Here are a few steps you can take to keep the channels of communication open:
- If you are in Cabo Verde, let us know by sending an email to the contact addresses on this page.
- Add us to your mailing lists – we are always happy to stay informed.
- Subscribe to our embassy’s social media.
- Set up a meeting with our economic or commercial team to discuss any issues that arise.